Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Taste of Home

Inspirational song: It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (Andy Williams)

I have been in the best mood all day, which lasted all evening (even surviving a headache in the afternoon.) I danced around the kitchen tonight, singing the above-mentioned song, as I baked trays of Chex mix. Not sure what has made me so euphorically happy, but wow, is it fun. Maybe it's knowing that I don't actually have to set foot in a store again before Christmas, other than maybe a trip to the gas station around the corner for a few Scratch tickets for stocking stuffers (because I am perpetually optimistic and maybe delusional.) The only thing that could make this week better would be a surprise change in the forecast, calling for a few inches of snow by Friday evening. It has been like living through the plot of White Christmas, waiting for snow out here. It's feeling more like a holiday break in the Oklahoma of my youth--warm and dry.

I didn't make it very far on my list today. I did the two main items for the day, being the Sgt at arms at Rotary (setting up our banners and meeting paraphernalia) and making the chex mix. None of the extra tasks got done. And now I have to face three big trays of salty, crunchy goodness that need to be put in airtight storage, and somehow manage not to sit down and inhale a quart of it.

The animals are telling me to go to bed. We can get a fresh start on gift-wrapping and dinner prep tomorrow. I might even get around to cleaning out the fridge so I have a place to store leftovers. Being happy and festive doesn't mean the work stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment