Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Unrelated

Inspirational song: Cannibal Surf Babe (Marillion)

The last episode I listened to of that great podcast History That Doesn't Suck was the one that covered the doomed Donner Party. So I suppose it follows that on the first game night after hearing that sad tale, we revisited that game of scheming and bluffing: Donner Dinner Party. In this game, you are randomly assigned roles of either innocent pioneers or dastardly cannibals. Then you hunt, contribute anonymously to the group meal (either food, medicine, poison, or empty hands), and try to survive six rounds without starving or being killed by a cannibal. If you don't get enough food, the group votes someone out, hoping that they eliminate the cannibals. The first game we played made it only to the second round, before we were holding our first vote. It came to a tie between two people (who accidentally wore the same Firefly-themed t-shirt tonight), and when the tie was broken, the one who lost played a card that took them both out. They were both cannibals. None of us had ever seen this game beaten so quickly, with such dramatic flourish. Have I mentioned lately how much fun this group is?

Games are great and all, but for the next couple weeks, I need to be a little more serious. With all that has gone on since my last real estate license renewal, I am behind on my continuing education classes. I took one class right before my first cancer was found, and only annual update classes since. I just signed up for one in-person class next week, and I found a webinar that looks good. But in searching, I have found two other classes that don't actually count as credit but look interesting enough I want to take them too. I need to juggle a few existing commitments, and try to take all the classes before the holidays. 

A word about my first photo--Alfred was curled up in a ball on a black and white fuzzy blanket that had pooled on the floor. He was well camouflaged, and the Mr very nearly stepped on him. Alfred barely budged. He just sat there blinking, blissfully unaware how close he came to being a tripping hazard. Such a mellow soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment