Monday, December 13, 2021

Link

Inspirational song: Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker) (Parliament)

It was a mighty struggle to get one continuing ed credit this morning. I was failing to tamp down rising panic as I tried over and over to join a webinar, to run into a message telling me the room was full and I couldn't join. I have already been struggling with anxiety keeping me from getting the CE done since the middle of the original lockdown last year. In the last three months, as the deadline to renew my license loomed, I tied myself in knots rather than overcome the inertia keeping me from just getting it over with. I still have to find a source for two more credits, having signed up for seven this week. Who the heck will present it the week of Christmas? And now I was looking at one of the seven credits going away? Full-blown panic.

Then five minutes or so into the one hour class, I got an email from the class leader, saying the problem was their link. Not me, or any of the others who emailed to ask what was up. Whew. Moments later we had a new link, and a sped up class pushing an hour of a presentation into the 45 minutes we had left.

The class itself was interesting, which was why I wasn't going to bail on the opportunity. It was by a roofing company, making a pitch why a roof assessment is an advantage in real estate transactions. They made good points, I will admit. The best ones being that home inspectors are just generalists and thus miss roof issues, dates of damage can be key for insurance coverage, and that their assessments are free. That last one was my favorite. It left me wanting to have them come out for the listing I have coming up after New Years, but I will resist. That property includes acres of land that will most likely be scooped up by a developer, who won't be concerned by what condition the roof on the old farmhouse is in. They would just tear it off anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment