Sunday, December 19, 2021

Reset

Inspirational song: Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town (Bruce Springsteen)

Oh, that's much better. I took the day to rest up, and I feel so much more normal now. Our daughter came to pick up Valerie not long after we woke. She hadn't even had time to get into very many shenanigans at all. We did visit for a while, to hear how the rest of the party went, but for the most part, everyone was just tired and mellow. Val went home to play with her own kitties and the Mr eventually left to go search for salvage yards where he could replace the smashed bits on his farm truck (with no success). Me, I put my feet up in the recliner, had a couple cats climb on board, and then I played on my iPad until I fell fast asleep. I'm not sure how long I was actually out, but what woke me was the cats getting restless in the hour before their dinner time. I fed the horde, started chili for us, and congratulated myself on a satisfactory regeneration period.

Now I can go to bed early, use my breathing apparatus for the first time in weeks (was dusty and needed fresh hoses and stuff and I was too stressed to deal with it), and maybe get a jump on things tomorrow. My work here is not done, but now it's possible to accomplish a lot more of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment