Sunday, December 12, 2021

Helper

Inspirational song: Ooh La La (Faces)

Entertainment found us this morning. We had a short notice visit with the sweetest resident of Boulder County, and it was every bit as much fun as it always is. She helped me make breakfast and she helped her grandpa sort light strands. (We are far behind in decorating because of my vacation and his hectic teaching schedule, which finally ended late last week.) No major milestones to comment on. Just peaceful cuteness, exactly how I like it.

I'm entering a busy phase. Like overwhelmingly busy for someone like me. I showed houses all afternoon, and I have four classes to take in the next five days. Throw in a regular Rotary meeting, special event game night, and two parties, all before next weekend is over, and I'm going to be used up. Somewhere in that time I need to plan for Christmas Eve dinner and get presents and wrap them. I would daydream about cloning myself to get it all accomplished, but I wouldn't want to subject another living creature to my health, even if it were just a copy of me.

It was fun in the old days before I knew any better than to take the random picture in houses I showed, like of cool features or decorative items. I no longer feel that is acceptable, so I didn't even pull my phone from my pocket once during the tours. I did, however, capture Santa's little helper this morning, looking messy but happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment