Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Closed

Inspirational song: Think (Aretha Franklin)

Sales tax on a real estate commission? Paid by sellers? Are you kidding me? I... I just can't even with this anymore.

We made it to Boulder on time, and met with my brother-in-law. We signed the closing docs, and he put his notary stamp on it, making it official all around. It still cost us almost 50 bucks to overnight it back to New Mexico. Might have been cheaper to freaking deliver it at this rate. It's only an 8 hour drive. How much gas would that have cost? (Don't bother answering that. It snowed like crazy today. I would not have wanted to drive.) The house is now someone else's. That feels good. Or it will when it hits me that it is real. I figure that will be at least a day or two after I see the bank balance reflect the proceeds.

I managed to accomplish three of my four objectives today, and the only reason the last one missed was a mutually-accepted weather delay. The cancer surgeon looked me over and had valuable input to my upcoming schedule. I was supposed to have a mammogram only on the right side next week, and she said she was changing that to both. Her reasoning: she would rather have all relevant information before I have the next surgery not after, plus I won't want to have a mammogram done while the next reduction is still healing. I respected her wisdom, and told her this is an example of why she gets "Dr" in front of her name. 

I thought between the steady snowfall and my fatigue-induced headache, I wouldn't make it to the Rotary social. But I persevered, and I'm glad I did. Several hardy souls made it out in the storm, and we had a great time. It's probably best that my regular group pushed game night out by one day. We have a couple folks who live in neighboring towns, and I would have been worried about road conditions. It allowed me to take it easy at the end of a busy day, and for us to wrap up watching the Book of Boba Fett. Now to find out whether I can stop having stress dreams over selling that house already.

No comments:

Post a Comment