Thursday, February 17, 2022

Up Versus Down

Inspirational song: Free Fallin' (Tom Petty)

Remember that pack of documents we sent via FedEx to the title agent yesterday? The one that was supposed to arrive by 4:30 today? Guess what didn't happen. We are cranky. As far as I know, the money hasn't hit the account because the hard copy didnt arrive. I choose not to think about this any more tonight.

That was really the only negative in an otherwise cheerful day. I picked up the baby just before noon, and we went shopping for a few groceries. She started chatting early on, and kept up a running commentary of nonsense the whole time we were at the store. I'm fairly certain she repeated the word "popcorn" properly when I asked her if she liked it. She asked me whether we were getting potatoes ("tato") but I didn't buy any there. Did get some fries to share on the way home, though. She appreciated that.

She's just getting so smart and sophisticated. She asked to play on my iPad, and I thought the Disney app would be the least detrimental for her. I let her choose, and she scrolled down and selected Encanto immediately. Girl knows what she likes. 

We got to see her a second time today, when we met for our delayed game night. Other than being shy around the big men when she first arrived, she settled in and had a blast running around uncle T's house. She sat on the couch between me and him when a few of us split off and played Mario Kart. That's the closest she has been to T in months. At going-home time, she was too interested in playing a bubble-pop game on mommy's phone to pay attention and get ready to leave. Mommy picked her up, and still Val played the game. See for yourself how important it is to limit children's screen time.

No comments:

Post a Comment