Saturday, February 26, 2022

De Trop

Inspirational song: The Dance (Garth Brooks)

Without going into details (gosh, is there something I want to be vague about for once?), there are some medical battles I don't feel like fighting. At least, not with the doctors or insurance. These are the things I generally just shut up and live with. They are annoying and bothersome, but not life-threatening. I rarely do anything to treat them. Today was an exception. One of the unmentionables was just too much, and I pulled out the medication that I abandoned because it was too dang strong. I used half a dose, and still found myself going down for a nap within half an hour, and I was as rigid as a bag of Jell-O for the rest of the afternoon and early evening. It did not matter how often the cats and dog walked across my limp body. I did not consent to stand long enough to feed them. They had to wait for the Mr to come home from his day out with the guys to have their dinner. Lucky for me, that's when I got to eat too, when he brought takeout. Now I get to wonder whether I'll sleep overnight. Maybe I should have another half dose of the meds.

The worst part about my mandatory nap was that I forgot what day it was. I had the news droning on as I faded in and out of consciousness, catching little updates about the situation in Ukraine. I didn't remember that it was Saturday and there was a high stakes basketball game tonight. My dear Buffs played Arizona, the 2nd ranked team in the country. Moreover, they won! I wish I had been alert enough to watch that game. 

Who knows. Maybe if I had remembered to tune in, CU wouldn't have won. Am I the jinx?

No comments:

Post a Comment