Friday, February 4, 2022

Head Like a Sieve

Inspirational song: You're In the Band (School of Rock)

I don't have the best memory. I'm painfully aware of this, and I admit my failing as often as is necessary. It didn't use to be so bad. I was rather proud of being able to keep track of projects and figures in my head, and remember long conversations word for word. Less so now. Anymore I can't function without a phone calendar and to-do list, and honestly, I could really use a personal assistant. Case in point: this morning, Mr S-P roasted the last lingering pumpkins from our garden, on the last possible week they were probably edible. I turned off the oven when they were done, and said I'd make a pie with them later when they cooled off. Here it is bedtime, and he asked me if I ever did anything with them. That was the first time since breakfast that I remembered they existed. Oops. He pulled them out of the oven where I'd left them to cool and laughed. He showed me the shriveled remains and said all we had left were a couple "pumpkin buttholes." I think we found our new punk band name.

I did get around to a few things today. I had the emissions run on my car, and got my new registration sticker. Only four days after the previous one expired--not bad, all things considered. (Yes, there is a 30 day grace period, so really, I'm totally on time, right?) I took a giant detour between the emissions testing garage and where I eventually got my registration updated (at the kiosk at the grocery store, because our DMV is closed on Fridays now). I went by the Hyundai dealer, just to look at the available stock of Tucson hybrids. I asked about a plug-in version, and the salesman said maybe in six to eight months. That was disappointing. He told me they got a shipment of thirteen of the regular hybrids a week ago, and they had four of them left. Holy moly, they go fast. I didn't take a test drive, but I am seriously thinking of going back tomorrow to do it. It will be weeks yet before I could really take any positive steps towards exchanging my car for a different one, but not kidding, the more I look at these Tucsons, the more interested I am. The Mr says if we do test drive, he will take the baby seat with us, to see whether it will actually fit in the back seat, since that is the main reason I'm bound and determined to get a bigger car. I would much rather skip the hassle of that and just use a tape measure. We shall face that battle when the time comes.

I had other things I was going to write about, but in keeping with what I said at the start, I don't have a clue what they might have been. I bet they were awesome. I didn't even remember to take a picture today. Maybe this one from a few days ago hasn't been used before. Who's to say? Not like I can remember that far back.

No comments:

Post a Comment