Monday, February 28, 2022

A Day Out

Inspirational song: The Swing (INXS)

Just like in a movie, I drove up through a completely empty parking lot towards a playground, my freshly-washed ultramarine blue car sparkling in the sunshine. As I parked and got out, Valerie was already squealing and running towards me. I stepped onto the grass, starting to hold my arms out and asking for a hug... and that little kid ran right past me and tapped her hands on the passenger side door that leads to her car seat. Did I say like a movie? Specifically a comedy movie, where I was the butt of the joke.

I wasn't there to take her home with me, no matter what she thought. I just came out to meet the family at a park, because we all had the day off and I wanted some baby time. I hadn't been to this particular playground before, and it was awesome. There was a baby sized slide that she could go down by herself, plus a couple of bigger ones that she could go on with help (that mommy said she instantly regretted when they went together). The merry-go-round was weird and bumpy and had no actual handles. It spun really easily, but I felt rather like I was going to be launched into space. Val got super dizzy and couldn't walk a straight line when she got off, but I rather think she liked it.

We ended playtime with some swinging. Naturally, as this was the time I tried to take video to send to grandpa, this was also the time that she got quiet whenever the record button was pushed. Otherwise, she was full of excited shrieks. 

There were just too many good pictures from today. That kid is so gorgeous, especially when she is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment