Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Impish

Inspirational song: She's a Beauty (The Tubes)

I got two--count 'em, two--visits with my best girl today. She came over for an hour long visit right around lunch, and then everyone came back for game night. There is only one possible observation I can make after a day like this: holy moly, that kid is cute! I was a little too enchanted by her to get many pictures, but you should trust me on this, she is coming into her own power as a stunner. 

For the first visit, we colored, snacked, and played some music. Her daddy gave me a good idea to pick up some washable crayons, which I did later in the afternoon. The first set was regular, and the new ones are washable and had twice as many colors. Now that she is getting super interested in drawing, she needed the step up.

The second visit was with everyone, and she did really well with most of our game group, but she is unusually shy around our neighbor. He keeps trying and trying to interact with her, but she refuses to get too close, and half the time she buries her face so he can't see her. One of these days, she'll come around, or so we hope. She had fun sitting on my lap, feeding me the snacks I had for her, namely cheesy poofs and watermelon chunks. She won't let anyone else feed her with utensils anymore, but it's a fun game to feed us. At least it's fun for her. Both dimples are visible when she's laughing about offering a forkful of watermelon, and then pulling back as soon as you try to take a bite. I wouldn't miss days like this for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment