Friday, August 12, 2022

Beat This Heat

Inspirational song: No Sleep Till Brooklyn (Beastie Boys)

Hm. When I first sat down with my coffee this morning, sore, still sleepy, and feeling those bad blood fibro tinglies, I was just sure I would take it easy. Sadly, I did not. My lazy day was interrupted when the husband went to Resource and started texting home photos with implied questions. He came back to swap to his truck to carry home lumber he bought, and took me along to make some choices. The good news is we got some pedestals to put our laundry machines on for a fraction of what they would cost new, and a larger, less ugly ceiling fan for the bedroom. The bad news is I had to be out on a horribly hot, sunny day, in the beater truck with no air conditioning or window tint. I got very heat stressed, even before I started helping lug stuff around (mostly just the fan). Clearing out the laundry room so we could put the washer and dryer on the pedestals was unpleasant work in a warm house, and when the process went sideways, I found myself constantly tapping out to go cool off by my old, ugly ceiling fan.

There are just a few more hot days in the forecast before we are supposed to get seasonally average temperatures. If I can hold out to Monday, we could be in the clear. Until then, I guess I'll be lying awake on top of the covers, trying to think about swimming pools and Popsicles, and anything else to keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment