Tuesday, August 9, 2022

By Now

Inspirational song: I Missed Again (Phil Collins)

I'm not doing well at documenting my life in images today. It got to be about 10 pm, and I wondered whether I had taken a single photo yet today. I had not. I did the only thing available to me at that point. I took a closeup of the nearest cat. There was a picture I desperately wanted to take, but it would have been creepy. I was driving around the corner to 5 Guys, and there were a couple young men in a front yard down the block from us, with Sousaphones draped around their torsos. An older man, who I assumed was their dad, watched approvingly as they bleated out a couple marvelous tuba notes. I wanted to take a picture of them to show my marching band loving family, but I figured the subjects might not approve.

Did I miss my target, or just maintain my lead? I can't figure out how to frame it. I pulled out only one thing (a leather jacket that is too freaking heavy to wear) and draped it over the towering pile of donations. I had told myself I would zoom up to mid-October on my tally sheet by tonight. Instead, I'm at September 22. Still good, right? Plus, I have darned near filtered and compacted my wardrobe to fit in my own bedroom, instead of filling my entire guest room.

I'd love to zone out now that it's finally cooling off around here. But I have to stay awake tonight. I leave in half an hour to go retrieve the man at the airport. I'm glad he got to go on this vacation, but we all missed him around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment