Sunday, August 28, 2022

Choices

Inspirational song: Runnin' Down a Dream (Tom Petty)

Veterans Day. That's how far ahead I am now on the donation project. I have removed well over 300 items from circulation here, enough to reach November 11 on the tally sheet. There will probably be more later in the week. I'm feeling pretty good about this now. I will hit my 365 mark months ahead of schedule, and this is something I can be seriously proud of. This current stack of things is a little harder to cart off, though. A bunch of towels need to go to the animal shelter or vet, which isn't as direct of a drop-off as the thrift stores. The tiny ceiling fan from my bedroom needs to go to Restore, which has a nice drive up for donations, but is still across town and inconvenient to access. It will get done, though. I need the bin empty so I can keep filling it.

Our guest from earlier in the summer returned, and will be staying here long term. None of us have any idea how long that actually will be, but they are welcome to use us as a home base for as long as they need the support. It just means I have to keep going past 365, and donate, donate, donate stuff out of my former dressing room. I don't want to get rid of all of the craft supplies, but I do want to thin down how much I'm carrying overall. I keep thinking of the future, once I have lightened my load so much it wouldn't even matter if I didn't have the extra bedroom to store all my stuff. Until then, I do need to figure out how to absorb the current round of clothes and whatnot I removed from the guest room today. Having the master closet already overflowing is helping make donation decisions a lot easier and faster. 

It's also helping me behave myself when out and about with the kids. We went to Target and were remarkably restrained in purchases. I went there for products I use up, not wear or decorate with. We did get a little indulgent with Valerie, but it's so easy to do so. There were some Frozen and Encanto things that made her eyes light up, so we caved on those. Her mommy did make her choose between the two beach towels, not get both. She chose Mirabel. We approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment