Monday, August 1, 2022

Factory Reset

Inspirational song: (Just Like) Starting Over (John Lennon)

It was kind of nice, going into my massage today and telling the therapist that there was no particular problem today (other than where my shoes rubbed my heels raw). I was just so tired from walking, standing, and sitting awkwardly upright for too long. All I needed was to stretch out and relax. She knew just what to do for me to accomplish that. Plus, she kept up the conversation when all I could do was say "uh-huh," and she didn't make me provide complex commentary. For the rest of the day I have just been super chill, and I can barely remember the last week. I guess she cleared my cookies and browser history when she massaged my neck and face.

I got to play with Valerie for a few hours today, while her mommy went to her two-week checkup. She was in a lovely mood, and when it came time to go down for a nap, she didn't hold it against me that grandma fell asleep first. I woke to find our internet had a hiccup, and stopped playing Moana before Val was asleep too. Lucky for me, she was wound down enough that when I turned off the TV, she was out not too long after. When the rest of the family returned, Val and I were well-rested, snacking on chips and grapes. I got to snuggle with Dmitri some too, and he spent a lot more time with his eyes open than our previous encounters. He's going to be a champion eye-roller by the time he learns sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment