Friday, August 5, 2022

Small Wins

Inspirational song: Heavy Metal (Sammy Hagar)

Well, at least I didn't backslide. Certainly didn't have the frenetic cleaning day I wanted. Things are still improved here, but only slightly. I selected three donate items, which felt freeing. But beyond that, it was just head-above-water maintenance. What happened to that joyous anticipation from yesterday evening? 

It was offensively warm today. Maybe that is my best excuse. I closed up the house as early in the morning as I could, kept it dark, and let myself have lots of breaks in front of a fan. I had a little flurry of activity right after sundown, when I took care of outdoor stuff. Discovered, as I was taking out trash and recycling, that someone tagged the fence of our neighbor across the alley. That is comforting. (Insert eye roll emoji.) 

As summer drags on, I will take whatever wins I can. I have managed to keep most of my flowers alive, even if they are looking as heat-stressed as I feel whenever I am forced outside during the day. I'm still waiting for that magical day when I can go out and deadhead and rip out weeds without the sun trying to fry me on sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment