Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Pinchy

Inspirational song: Shattered (The Rolling Stones)

Ouch. Just... all over. Owie. So sore, so tired. We didn't get back from the airport until past 1:30 this morning, and I was so wired up on coffee that I couldn't fall asleep for another hour on top of that. Got up at normal time all the same.

I tried to whip this house in shape, and I just didn't have the time to get very far. I was on the hook to babysit both grandkids on my own this afternoon, and once they were here, I was obligated to do nothing but hold Dmitri. He had all the crankies, and needed cuddles and diaper changes, non-stop. Thankfully, the Mr made it home from school at a reasonable time for me to make dinner ahead of game night, but by then, my arms were already so tired I could barely lift them. It was a recipe I have made so many times in the last 40 years I could do it blindfolded, but still. 

We ended up playing tabletop games next door. We were all on the couch, scooted up to play over the coffee table. It meant I sat with my knees higher than my hips for too long, and after three rounds of Donner Dinner Party, all the ligaments holding my thighs to my hips were pinched in half and refusing to work. I limped home early, just so I could stretch out with my legs straight. I refuse to stay up late one more night. It's recovery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment