Saturday, August 6, 2022

Disarming

Inspirational song: For You (Mannfred Mann's Earth Band)

Part one of the deal was for me to go over to the kids' house and hold babies while they cleaned house. I stayed long enough to watch all of Frozen II, plus some educational videos about heat pumps. And I cuddled one baby or another pretty much the entire time. Was it worth it? A hundred percent.

That little girl is getting smarter and smarter every time I see her. She repeats every word she hears, like she is trying it on for size. Her vocabulary is huge now, and she understands what she is hearing and saying. All those months we stressed about her not saying much were for nothing. She's also turned into a water baby. She can reach the bottom of her pool, so she walks around, pushing her kicky-board. It makes her so happy, and having to come in from the pool is tragic.

That boy is going on three weeks old now. He has lost most of his squishy newborn face and is growing into his baby face. He still spent most of the time asleep, but his wake periods seem productive. He's practicing using his face muscles, and I think there is some proto-eye focusing too. At one point he was working so hard to see my face that his eyes slightly crossed. I leaned back a little and they straightened out. His muscle movements are a tiny bit more intentional, I think. And his arm positions tell a dramatic story, if only you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment