Friday, August 19, 2022

Late Season

Inspirational song: Gentleman's Excuse Me (Fish)

Yep. Did too much this week. Rested most of the day to make up for it. No one is shocked by this, I trust.

The sad part about the end of summer and the first stirrings of fall is the state of our plants. The lush flower garden I made on the porch started looking leggy and dry a few weeks ago. Now it's really getting brown ok the edges. A few plants gave up the ghost already, some from heat and lack of water (I missed a day here and there), and a couple of them drowned when I thought I was giving them what they craved. I trimmed a few dead things out already, but I need to prioritize deadheading one of these days. 

I may put off doing too much to the container garden for a couple weeks, when it would make sense to rip out all the completely spent plants, and drop in some mums and such to get me through fall. I'm trying to squeeze every last bit of good from what I have before I go too crazy on mums, no matter how ready I think I am to switch. It's coming one of these days, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment