Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Chaos Games

Inspirational song: Star Trekkin' (The Firm)

That was a heck of an airport run last night. The plane was supposed to land at 12:40. I made it to the cell phone waiting lot exactly on time. I didn't head to the terminal until a few minutes past 1 am. When I picked him up, the man predicted he would be asleep before we were off the airport property. I hoped I would be able to stay awake all the way home without conversation. He didn't nod off quite as early as that, but he did just watch TikTok videos until his eyes just stayed closed. I stopped paying attention to the time, but it was well past 2 when we arrived home. 

I was loopy all day. I don't think I even woke enough to start looking at my phone until 10, and I wasn't super productive once I did get up. Then I took a pain pill that was stronger than I usually need (and oh, I needed it), and took a sudden, long nap. I was pretty sure when I woke that someone had stolen my bones. I didn't miss them.

It was a small turnout to game night. There were only five of us. We played a strange game this time around. I can't remember the name, but it is a space colonization theme, and each player has some sort of superpower that can easily "break" the game. We had fun, but it was truly chaotic. I was still a little lethargic, but once I caught on to the game-breaking intention of the design, I threw myself into it. At the end, when I did something that allowed both my husband and our old college roommate to win, our neighbor cried out, asking why I did it. Because chaos was the point, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment