Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Another Play Date

Inspirational song: Shameless (Billy Joel ft. Garth Brooks)

What did I say yesterday? That I hadn't washed dishes or done jack to clean up around here in a few days? I made up for that all at once today. It was game night, so I had motivation. Plus, I was all alone here all day, so I could turn on loud music and talk to myself all day, without feeling self-conscious. Perfect conditions existed to clean everything.

There are really only a few places I needed to tidy that I didn't get to. Kitchen is miles ahead of where it was. Bathroom was scrubbed, bleached, dusted, polished, etc. The dining room was 100% ready for game night. The living room was acceptable for pregame chatting. I've saved myself some key bits for tomorrow, and by doing so, saved my body from the worst of the fatigue and inflammation. Not saying I don't hurt, but I probably won't have to dip into the heavy duty reserves to make my muscles shut up and let me sleep tonight.

Ahead of folks arriving, we brought Jasper over for a play date. At first all three dogs were playing in the back yard. Then the sun went down, and it got cold. I got my two into the garage, but Jasper pranced (yes, literally) around the back yard, refusing to go where I asked him to. So I pretended I wasn't nervous, and brought him into the main part of the house. I clearly instructed him not to get too close to the cats, because they could easily F him up. He was interested in them, but didn't make any sudden moves. Then the miracle happened. The cats went from being wary and wide-eyed to bored and uninterested. There was peace. Now, Saoirse followed him around like a big fluffy weirdo, but maybe with practice she will learn to be a better hostess. 

Game night was awesome. We had two members of our group who hadn't been here in person in many weeks, and once again, our housemate J joined in the game. We played What Do You Meme, a card game similar to Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity. J actually won by a landslide. It was quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment