Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Countin' Chickens

Inspirational song: Our House (Crosby, Stills, and Nash)

It's very difficult not to get ahead of myself here. For the first time since the cancer got me, I have brought clients all the way to the writing an offer stage. I did some tours while I was super sick, but none of the people I worked with during that time were ready to make the leap. And then when the pandemic shut down the world, I closed my business along with everything else. I didn't trust anyone or any situation not to get me sick. But now, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity has come along, and we would have been fools not to get out and try. 

The problem is, the property we are offering on is one of three like it available in the entire town. Only three. So competition is going to be bloody and brutal. I have to write the best offer I can, and hope it gets us in the running. It has been priced for a bidding war, and we are playing the game. Wish us luck. For reals. A miracle would be handy right now.

Leaving the place, there was a little squirrel, sitting under the shade tree in the yard, just chewing on a nut, watching us while we plotted and schemed our strategy after the showing. I'd love to take him as a good omen, but I'm gonna need more than one observant rodent to make this deal happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment