Thursday, August 20, 2020

Real Life

Inspirational song: Kiss the Girl (The Little Mermaid)

Oh, right, this is what it feels like to have a full, packed day, and to make it through to the other side still feeling sorta okay. It's lovely. I hope to have more days like this.

I probably could have made my North Denver doctor appointment into a telemed visit, but the phone calls just didn't line up right. It's all for the best. I really enjoy the company of my rheumatologist, and being able to read her body language and the subtleties of her face in real time helps me communicate better. Telemed stresses me. I think we got a lot accomplished at our quarterly visit. Trying something new, to address the fibromyalgia, which might end up being super necessary. I have lost faith in the mail order pharmacy, both because of the wanton and deliberate destruction of the post office, and the fact that they screwed me over with no notice on my lupus meds. Thanks to a certain snake oil salesman, I'm still going to have trouble sourcing them through the local pharmacy, but at least they respect me enough to give me a phone call and keep me informed on progress.

We watched the baby today. We watched her fuss, and eat, and poop, and laugh, and sleep, and repeat in rapid succession. She didn't get nearly enough sleep, and wow, that baby is a champion pooper. I am pretty sure every cat in that house sat on or near me at least once while I was there.

I had to leave early to meet up with the home inspector for this current deal. Neither of my clients could get away to deliver the check to pay him, and I volunteered to do it. I mostly wanted another chance to be in the townhouse. I absolutely love the space. It feels very good. Also, I met a new inspector today, just a few weeks after the boss put out a call for us to update our trusted tradespersons list at the brokerage. I will definitely be adding this fellow to the list. I think he did great work and communicated everything clearly.

And I even got to go back after and play with the baby a little more after. This is the life.

No comments:

Post a Comment