Friday, August 21, 2020

One Month

Inspirational song: Puppy Love (Donny Osmond)

I just did a little back of the envelope math (so to speak), and I realized my puppy is now one month old, today. Two months to go. I have been lurking on the Twitter page for the ranch where she is coming from, desperate for a glimpse of her, and this morning I caved in and nagged the de facto matriarch of the ranch for some fresh pictures just for me. She sent a bunch of them, and all I could do for the next ten minutes was sigh and squeal and flip back and forth through the whole sequence of them. I just love her little face so much. And her coat. And the whole concept of this tiny floof, who won't be tiny much longer.

I shared a handful of pictures with my family. My mom and daughters appreciated them well enough, but the Mr just isn't ready to be enthusiastic about her yet. He is just resigned. I guess it won't cheer him up at all to see that I have bought her first squeaky toy, to go with the collar and enamel bowl I got last week. Thinking of getting the leash that matches the collar too.

I think I have explained a little about the ranch, but it might be worth me mentioning again their mission statement, and why I'm so glad that I'm getting her from this place. The Tenacious Unicorn Ranch is an alpaca ranch in Southern Colorado, and their purpose is to provide a safe space for trans people who need a refuge from the violence and discrimination that threatens their community. If you support their right to live in peace, perhaps consider donating to their GoFundMe that would allow them to expand and take in more people in need. If you don't appreciate their expressions of self, then perhaps consider living and letting live, and understanding why they feel they need a refuge.

No comments:

Post a Comment