Wednesday, August 19, 2020

In and Out

Inspirational song: Politicians (Hoyt Axton)

I feel like I'm running into a room, slightly out of breath, gesturing with my hands as I say, "Okay, I gotta make this quick. I'm running way late and I have a ton of things to get to." We had our smaller game night tonight, and I have come to understand I missed a heck of a night of barn-burner speeches. I recorded it, and I need to get watching before it gets too late, so I have an idea of why everyone on Twitter are absolutely gushing, up to and including a comedian I adore putting up a photo of herself dissolving in emotional tears.

We still have one member of our group playing remotely (two in the bigger one), so we still have the laptop hooked up to the TV. Apparently the guys plugged in a new extra-long hdmi cable, so the game leader can actually sit comfortably and have all their tools spread out. I sat on the couch side, disturbed by what I was seeing. Finally I asked, "Why is the TV crooked?" The Mr said, in total seriousness, that it wasn't. I took a picture to document the very not-straight television. I'll tell myself this wasn't gaslighting.

Okay, I have very little else before I go watch speeches. I was amused by the way my cats have been draping themselves over furniture lately, from Harvey looking bored while we played, to Athena loving when I leave the new bed in its upright position. This is a superior perch for her floofy beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment