Saturday, August 29, 2020

New Tricks

Inspirational song: Roll Over, Beethoven (Chuck Berry)

We have a new skill! Dino was hanging out on her play mat, looking up at the dangling toys while she hugged a blanket. I was sitting on an ottoman, looking down at her, while I texted with her mama. Next thing I knew, Dino just arched her back, and rolled over onto her tummy. It sank in what she had just done, and I wrote my daughter to tell her, and snapped a couple of pictures. Dino rolled back to face up, then back over onto her belly. She seemed pretty proud of herself. But when I tried to video it? Oh, no, grandma. We are done now. It's cranky time. I couldn't get her to reproduce the event on video. I hope she showed her parents when she got home.

While all three of us girls were hanging out after my daughter got off work, the postman delivered a box to the porch. For once we have good news about the post office! The package arrived a whole business day ahead of the estimate! We got lucky. Inside we found homemade masks, a big fuzzy baby blanket, some jammies, and a bib that reads "I love Auntie." My other daughter sent a lovely care package. For that, Dino was very charming on video, to tell Auntie that the bib was right. She does love her Auntie. I just hope they get to meet face to face while she is still little.

No comments:

Post a Comment