Saturday, August 8, 2020

Firsts

Inspirational song: Baby Mine (Dumbo)

There was a double helping of baby cuddles for today. We went over early to babysit in the morning, and stayed for a late lunch that I made (and which threw off the Mr's afternoon plan schedule). Then this evening, after Mr S-P spent the rest of the day working on his truck project, the kids came over to help him lift a topper onto the 4runner, while I held baby again.

It all took much longer than we expected it to, and I had Dino in with me watching Disney plus again. My daughter had said over lunch that she wanted to be present the first time Dino watched Dumbo. She has a special fondness for that from her own toddlerhood, and wanted to share it with her baby. Since it took a long time to get the truck ready for the lift, we were able to get through all of Dumbo, with just a few pauses. As I predicted, having heard songs from the soundtrack played over and over on streaming apps, when the movie started, Dino was quite interested. Even during a diaper change, she kept her attention on the television. I expect to hear that movie playing often over the next five or six years, just as I did in the 90s, with her mother.

And I haven't looked up when it is supposed to be a skill level earned, but when she got put onto the floor, tummy side down, I said, "I wonder when she will be able to roll over from there." Less than five seconds later, she had pushed herself over to lie face up, and do a little happy dance. I guess that answered my question. Still not sure when she learns to go the other, harder way.

No comments:

Post a Comment