Monday, August 31, 2020

Peaceful

Inspirational song: Change In the Weather (John Fogerty)

I needed a break today, and I seized my chance to take one. The house was crisp and cold when I finally rolled out of bed, much later than I usually do. Summer is losing its grip on northern Colorado, and I am here for it. I wore a new soft sweater that I bought more than a week ago. I had been watching the weather report and counting down the minutes until I could wear it in comfort. Rather than locking up the house, trying to block out heat, I left the front door open, cool air coming in through the screen, and I snuggled under a super soft fleece blanket while I drank coffee and went through my morning news and apps. When silence became too much, I turned on streaming music, and listened to fun stuff like Mike Nesmith and Charlie Robison. The outside world couldn't touch me, and my blood pressure stayed low. It was glorious.

I loaned out my car to the Mr today, so he could take care of maintenance he needed for his own vehicles, and I stayed put in the house. All of the things I needed to leave home to do will be there tomorrow. I don't need to rush for any of them. There is an enormous sense of peace in recognizing that this is true.

I don't have much more to offer tonight. I plan to sleep with windows open but fans off. I expect to be wonderfully cold by 3 or 4 am. I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment