Friday, August 7, 2020

When You're Not, You're Not

Inspirational song: Pleasant Valley Sunday (The Monkees)

It's not the outcome I wanted, but it's the one I expected. My clients and I did not get the contract. And unless something significant changes by noon tomorrow, we also didn't get put in the backup position. I won't pretend not to be disappointed. I am. This was the ideal place for these clients. But I am a little torn. If there was such interest in this house that our bid $10,500 over asking price didn't even qualify us for an emailed response, there are positive repercussions for my own personal finances. The house is in my neighborhood, and is smaller than mine. I feel like it helps boost my home value. Still, I wish we could have landed it. 

We aren't giving up after one try. This was their first attempt, ever. They are prepared to soldier on. I saw a coming-soon listing about a half mile away, that should be active next Friday. Any number of new properties can come on the market between now and then too. 

There was a ton of turnover in this neighborhood last year and the first half of this one. I believe there will be another chance to get these clients I really like to move into a neighborhood we both want them to live in. And now they have practice getting an offer prepared under a tight deadline. We'll get 'em next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment