Thursday, September 3, 2020

Busy Season

Inspirational song: Beautiful Day (U2)

The next month is going to be a relative flurry of activity. Wait, no "relative" about it. In anyone's experience, it will be like going over the big drop at the beginning of a roller coaster ride. Some things I've already discussed--the final stages of my first house sale since coming back after illness, getting a new puppy, watching my grandbaby a couple days a week. For embellishment, now I get to throw in a race to pick all the end of season vegetables, anything that is mostly ripe or close enough, as the heavenly first cool, wet day of fall (the day I have often written of here as "MY day") is actually going to be cold. They first said it would be rainy and in the 60s. Then 50s. Now they say the high will be in the 40s, with a hard freeze overnight and a chance of snow at some point. Oh, I am conflicted. I will absolutely love the weather, and will gush rapturously about it Tuesday night. But I am sad that it will mean an end to tomatoes, and that my tomatillos and okra may never really have a chance.

And then the real crazy stuff comes next week too. I have been told that the final repairs are complete at the condo, from the last straw bit of water leak from upstairs. We lost our renter because she couldn't stick around during repairs, and we are just done. It has been a series of stresses, trying to keep that condo rented, and the Mr has finally convinced me to sell it. I need to make it shiny and spotless, and then it is going on the market. For all the buyers I have had in my short and interrupted real estate career, I have yet to have a listing. How fortunate, I suppose that my first will be one of my own. Although I can be pretty hard on myself, so we shall have to see whether I'm the toughest client I could have.

No comments:

Post a Comment