Friday, September 11, 2020

Rabbit Holes

Inspirational song: Garden of Rememberance (Fish)

I'm trapped in YouTube, and I have no intention of crawling back out anytime soon. I saw a link to a new video by one of my sentimental favorite singers, who was the original lead singer to the band I use for my inspiration frequently (Fish and Marillion, respectively). He has announced his retirement, and is providing one last album as a farewell. I had seen one video for Weltschmerz, that was released about five months ago. Then Garden of Remembrance came out several weeks ago. An hour ago, the link I found was to This Party's Over. What an appropriate was to close out a career.

Then I got stuck on a "making of" video for GoR, and it was just amazing. The daughter of his illustrator (the artist who did every album and single cover for Fish's entire 40 year career) was one of the creators of the video, and I found myself fascinated by the interaction and mutual respect. 

I've had a super stressful day, pushing myself to do administrative tasks that are outside of my comfort zone. As predicted, my real estate deal was going too smoothly, and right at the last minute threw a spanner in the works. Nothing is actually wrong, unless the final underwriting goes pear-shaped. It shouldn't. Absolutely nothing has changed. They are just making us sweat for the sheer sadistic thrill of it. I needed a good distraction, and Fish's music has always had a magical calming effect on me, since I was an easily-stressed 17 year old. I intend to immerse myself in the music that heals me.

No comments:

Post a Comment