Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Moving On

Inspirational song: Jet Airliner (Steve Miller Band)

It took years to get me to this point, but now that I have wrapped my head around it, I am completely at peace with selling the condo in Boulder. It served us well. It was a safe place for the kids to live until they could buy their own home. It was a source of income, albeit somewhat offset by expenses. It was even a source of pride, knowing that we had achieved something we thought was impossible previously, which was to own real property in the city of Boulder. But they were also a source of stress, during the big flood of 2013, during minor water issues upstairs that turned into major headaches for us, and during those terrifying months that it went unrented, and my bank balance got smaller and smaller.

We have taken solid steps toward getting it on the market. I've filled out the listing contract, which felt weird putting my name on two different lines in two different roles. I've made an appointment with a title agent. I need to go down to it and make it sparkle a little before pictures are taken. Still need to fill out required disclosures, settle on my best verbiage for the MLS listing, and get my signage in place. I think the part I'm dreading the most is actually going to it, as Boulder city has had a huge outbreak since CU reopened, with somewhere north of 1200 infections in one single month. I just don't want to be in the city at all.

I'm curious how this sale will go. The season is winding down, with October just around the corner. But inventory has been so low all around the area, so maybe we will get good traffic? We are pricing it well, with our price per square foot on the low end of the range (not the lowest). The unit is in good shape, in a good location, and comes with a garage, which is better than a lot of comparable properties. 

I wish I could take this goofy puppy with me to get the condo ready. I would enjoy her company. But the car ride to get there is just too far. She is not ready for that. I may have to leave her to play with Murray while I am gone. She'll probably like that more than a scary car ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment