Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Checkered Flag

Inspirational song: Thrift Shop (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, ft. Wanz)

One day late, we are about to cross the finish line. In about twelve hours from the moment I write this, we should be settling down to sign loan and closing docs. Am I confident it will work from here? Yes. Do I think nothing else can go wrong? Not at all. There could be any number of stumbling blocks before keys are handed over. I don't want to think about them though. I just need to make myself turn out lights and go to sleep. I'm driving us in the morning to the title office in Denver.

Since closing was delayed, I went shopping to distract myself. I got my standard closing gift, plus a personalized present. Then I went to Marshall's, intending just to get a dog bed. Well, that went sideways. I was there two hours, waiting for my daughter and granddaughter to meet up with me after the elder of the two got off work. That gave me time to fill a cart. But what I found was so stinking cute, I had to do it. Now I just have to make sure closing happens so I actually get paid. Yikes.

Daughter wanted to look for something that was best bought at a thrift store, so I joined her on that trip. Found a set of chipped enameled coffee cups to send up the mountain to the cabin, and got to goof around with the baby while her mommy shopped. It's so hard to practice smiles with an infant when you're wearing a mask, but she is learning quickly to communicate with her eyes, like the rest of us. I wonder what her generation will remember of this time period, and how they will interact differently because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment