Thursday, September 17, 2020

Loose Ends

Inspirational song: Money (Pink Floyd)

The last few real estate documents have been submitted to my admin account. I dropped by the bank on my way to babysit, and deposited the commission check into my brokerage's account. I'm pretty sure I have tied up all loose ends. Once my boss gives it a once over, he will transfer my share to me. I don't know whether any of you have gone two whole years without an earned paycheck, but take it from me, it is not a fun feeling. Granted, I had quite a bit going on, and wasn't focused on money the whole time, but it came up often enough that I was miserable about my failure to contribute to the economic engine of this household. I am a long ways from the next similar lump of income, but at least now I have my sea legs back. I'm reasonably confident that more will eventually follow.

I took no photographs today. I was just too sore and tired from everything I attempted to do this week (and succeeded in much of it). Pictures were the last thing on my mind. I did share a video on the puppy's Twitter account. They built a cute little barn for chickens on the ranch, and off on one side of it, they put in a straw-lined nest for the puppies. They will get to be outside a lot now (and being half Great Pyrenees, they will be absolutely fine during all but the worst weather). The owner of the ranch was out in the puppy side of the barn, lounging in her jammies in the middle of a pile of sleeping dogs, under the red glow of a heat lamp. It looked like fun, and Saoirse was very attentive to her, getting all sorts of cuddles. I will make another pitch for anyone who wants to follow her to go to @helpersaoirse on Twitter. As of now, she does not have a Facebook or Instagram. She will appear on the Smith Park Facebook often enough she won't need one, and I just never took to Instagram. I haven't logged into my account there since I got my new phone a year ago. Don't even remember my password. I expect the Twitter account to be pretty active. 

No comments:

Post a Comment