Thursday, September 24, 2020

ESA

Inspirational song: Lay Lady Lay (Bob Dylan)

A recovery day has been in the works for a while. I've been pushing myself too hard and under too much stress, and I needed a whole day of rest. I stayed in pajamas and never even brushed my teeth until right before bed. I ate very little. I took more than one nap. I scaled back puppy training to two three-minute sessions. And I am feeling much better at the end of the day. I was just sure I was going to take the big guns version of my pain pills. Instead I just had my regular anti-inflammatory and maintenance meds, and I'm fine. 

Amazingly, this puppy tolerated my repose. She stayed right next to me for most of it. I did give her a couple of chances to go play with Murray, so she wasn't bored all day. While she was with me, even on the bed, she was a little cuddlebug. She passed another test that neither of us realized she was taking until she succeeded. I don't need a high energy service dog. I need an emotional support animal who also knows how to retrieve stuff I drop and alert to signals yet to be determined.  

This kid is so mellow that I keep catching her lying down to eat. The cats get really close to her while she's doing it, and she doesn't flinch. What a great dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment