Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Shampoo

Inspirational song: Freedom of Choice (Devo)

Saoirse spent most of her day out playing with Murray. It is possible we are backsliding with her early training, but I had to divert all my attention to cleaning up after her lately. I bought a new carpet shampooer a couple of days ago, and this afternoon I assembled it and got to work. Suction on this model is not as good as the one my daughter bought earlier this year, but mine is much easier to pull apart and clean after use. It's a tradeoff I'm comfortable with.

In all that time outside, with little or no supervision, puppy got into something. And by something, I am pretty sure I mean the fish pond. She was sticky and her fur was matted like she had gotten wet and then went rolling in the mint garden. There is no amount of time that it is safe to leave this kid alone. 

Around sunset I drew a bath for her. She watched me gathering supplies and running water, and she put two and two together pretty quickly. She thought she could derail the process by stealing the washcloth and running into the kitchen with it. But no, she still had to be washed. She didn't like it any more than she did last week. Just wait until she figures out that I have decided every Wednesday is bath day. 

She pouted for hours after she was clean. She made sure I saw how pitiful she looked all wet and chilled. But now she is in her favorite spot, lying on her back, chewing a little rawhide twist, kind of watching TV upside down. She appears to be one of those dogs calmed by the TV. We had to leave it on all night last night to keep her from barking frantically. Good thing I can sleep through it just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment