Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Special Helper

Inspirational song: You Make My Dreams Come True (Hall & Oates)

The countdown is ticking now. We have decided on a day to drive down south to the ranch and pick up my puppy. My daughter and granddaughter will be traveling with me, on my daughter's day off of work, two weeks from now. I just need to give the date to the owner of the ranch. I could have gone down the weekend before, but Tuesday in two weeks is the closing of the house I have under contract, and we have to sign paperwork in Denver. I couldn't leave a puppy in a kennel for so many hours and still consider myself a decent human. 

For the remaining time until I pick her up, I'm going to be thinking about her as often as a teenager thinks about sex. Before I could bring myself to get out of bed this morning, I turned on the tv and started watching puppy training videos on YouTube. I feel as prepared as I can be for the first week, except for the logistics of carrying her outside to pee until we get that behavior learned, and still avoiding introducing her to Elsa and Murray before Saoirse and I have bonded.

I have moved from 50% to 95% sure that I am going to make her own Twitter page. I needed to come up with a good handle, and in a blink, as soon as I asked, my daughter came up with a good one. I told her I would let it simmer for a while before I registered it. I would do it right now, but it's late and I'm too tired to do it. I need to figure out whether I can use the same email for two accounts, or do I have to make a fresh one. Pretty sure it is option B. So I need to be awake enough to create a secure password that I can remember. Once the account is live, I will advertise it here. Until then, enjoy the early photos that will be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment