Monday, September 14, 2020

Long Term Commitment

Inspirational song: The Year of the Cat (Al Stewart)

Poor Alfred had no idea what was in store for him today. Neither did my bank account. I was just planning on taking him in for his annual and vaccine boosters. Figured that would be it for another year. Nope. When I dropped him off, they tried really hard to sell me on their comprehensive coverage package. I resisted, saying thanks, Athena already used up the discretionary cat budget for the year. Then they came back out with cell phone pics of how bad two of his molars are. Suddenly the package that includes a dental cleaning and unlimited follow-up visits made sense. Fine, here, take my credit card. Big bunny boy gets to have his teeth shiny and clean, just like Athena. I just have to persuade him that he isn't being tortured when the carrier comes out again in a few weeks for the next appointment.

I fought it as hard as I could. I wanted my first deal back in business to close on time. But no, there was one hurdle that tripped us up. We had to delay closing by a day. And while we waited to send the extension contract to the seller, we had another panic. Buyer and I had been saying just last week that it was going too smoothly, and we were afraid of the other shoe to drop. Man, it dropped on both of us this past weekend. Can it roll off now, so we can close Wednesday?

This now means that I have to wait until the weekend to get the new puppy. I already let them know it will be Saturday. I am disappointed with the delay, but it means I can get one thing I failed to acquire: a bed for her in the living room. She will need a space to be near family when she isn't in training or in crate. If I get a good deal on them, I might get two, to prepare for the future when the crate goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment