Thursday, September 10, 2020

Final Approach

Inspirational song: My Eyes Adored You (Frankie Valli)

The matriarch of the alpaca ranch has been taking a lot of pictures of puppies. Most of the ones she has posted on the Tenacious Unicorn feed are of the pups who are staying on the ranch. But today she graced me with a couple of new ones of Saoirse. She is still pretty small, compared to her parents, visible in some of the pictures. I am so in love with how this baby looks, and I am being told that her personality is as cute as she is. 

Time is ticking down until I drive down to pick her up. I have almost everything ready to go, except making the hard plans for her training and the appointment for her second round of shots. I expect to call the vet tomorrow to get the ball rolling on one of those things. I'm weighing my options on which route to take for training (basic training at a chain pet store or private lessons for almost 3x the cost, and out of town drives). 

I went next door to watch the opening game of football season. Over the course of the evening, all three dogs took turns lying on the couch next to (or in Jasper's case, on) me. I wonder how the boys will react to a new neighbor. I think Barley and Jasper will be fine, but Hops can be a little weird. I want to be able to take Saoirse with me everywhere, but getting over my anxiety about introducing her to new dogs will take a little work. Heck, for that matter, I worry about how Elsa will react to a new kid in her space, and Elsa is not known for being grumpy. She's just getting a little forgetful as she is getting older.

I didn't download the pictures off the ranch page, but I did save the ones sent directly to me. Look at the fuzzy puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment