Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Get Lucky

Inspirational song: Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie)

Our baby is ten months old as of today. She continues to be the most amazing human we could possibly want to be around. We girls went shopping for a few basic items this morning (and to get Shamrock Shakes on the way home -- don't tell) and I spent the whole time being overwhelmed by the glory that is my Grump. I realize at the end of the day that the best shots of her were all videos, but there are at least a couple of good stills.

We had a St Patrick's dinner with T&A next door, and played Mario games and watched a movie. We were there late enough that the old man I live with fell asleep on the couch halfway through Mars Attacks. It has been so long since time was measured by 40-hour, M-F workweeks that this kind of entertainment seems normal now. I can't imagine going back to the rigid structure anymore. We have plans to watch basketball over there, T and I, and he is going to work remotely from his couch. This is how it should be, whenever possible.

I feel like I have waited until the very last minute to fill out my tournament brackets. I did them on four or five websites, every one I could think of to search on. Some allowed me to fill out more than one. I hope I didn't have to choose which brackets are meant as entries into whatever contests I was trying to get in. I don't remember doing that. I also didn't put a whole lot of brain energy into my choices. This year is going to be so wild, with the instant elimination rule for a single positive covid test, there is no way to know who will make it all the way. I did choose Illinois to win it all in almost every variation. Not sure why, but it seemed easier to remember. Just you watch -- someone on that team will test positive by Saturday. I made one really wild bracket where my Buffaloes made it all the way to the Final Four. I mean, I had to dream a little, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment