Saturday, March 13, 2021

I Want to Speak to the Manager

Inspirational song: Ants Marching (Dave Matthews Band)

Harrumph! I am displeased. I was promised over a foot of snow by this time of night. Instead I woke to rain, waited until almost noon for actual snowflakes, and there was barely an inch on the grass by 5 pm. Half an hour later, it finally started sticking to the driveway and sidewalk, and now, halfway through SNL, there is maybe 4 inches on the cars, and another wave of large, fluffy flakes have arrived. Maybe it just didn't want any witnesses, so if I sleep and don't watch it actively, it will add up. Or not. I'm betting on not.

It is a day for disappointment. We didn't get our snowpocalypse, and my Buffaloes lost the championship game of the PAC-12 tourney to the team ranked last at the beginning of the season. Crap. Oh, well. They already secured a berth in the Big Dance, I hear. Now we just might be a lower seed. Will know by tomorrow afternoon.

I wanted to have good, classic sports snacks to watch the game. Nachos, popcorn, Milk Duds-- those would have been great. But no, I'm trying to get back on keto. I had cheddar cheese and ants on a log. Not the same vibe. Nothing this day has been what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment