Thursday, March 25, 2021

This Little Piggy Stayed Home

Inspirational song: Keep On Working (Pete Townshend)

The mountains called and the Mr answered. He spent all day snowshoeing up to his cabin, and I, thankfully, did not have to do the same. It looked beautiful out there, and I'm sure the crisp air was probably refreshing. However, I don't have the lungs for that these days, and I am content with merely receiving photos from the hill.

The heater element went out on our hot tub the day of the big blizzard a couple weeks ago. There were 40-something days left in the warranty when we got through to the spa store (they were closed the day after the blizzard). So for a service fee that costs almost double of the actual part that is broken, we have a repairman coming to fix or replace it tomorrow. I have heard grumbling about the service fee, but I'm glad that someone else is doing it, and it's not yet one more task on the Mr's list of projects. He is learning that it is okay to hire out some tasks.

While I was home alone, I worked on cleaning up enough that I wouldn't be self-conscious when the repair guy shows up in the morning. I couldn't get to everything. It's just not possible anymore. I get winded after about five minutes now (yay, reduced lung function!) so I sit down a lot in between bursts of activity. I addressed a few things that had been ignored too long, like the real estate signs stacked next to my hallway. Funny how just a little change can make a big impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment