Monday, March 15, 2021

Respite

Inspirational song: Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode)

If I stay up much later, trying to think up something to write about, I won't get enough sleep before my oncology appointment tomorrow. This is just my periodic checkup, but I still want to be reasonably alert for it. Problem is, there is just nothing in my brain tonight. Lately I've been feeling stress start to drain away, and it has been leaving peace behind. That doesn't mean any particular writing inspiration has filled in the gaps left by the absence of angst. It was pleasant having an untroubled mind all day, until it came to trying to be entertaining for my nightly ritual. I thought about stealing photos from my family, who were out and about in the snow today, but I believe I shall not. That feels dishonest somehow. I'd rather just accept where I'm at and see whether that peacefulness will allow me to fall asleep easily. Namaste, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment