Monday, March 8, 2021

Not Right

Inspirational song: Tequila Sunrise (The Eagles)

Just like Frenchy in the Beauty School Dropout scene from Grease, I am seriously considering just wearing huge scarves tucked around my hair for a while. It's that, or just drape a Pink Ladies jacket around my shoulders, and really own my mistakes.

It was before Christmas when I dyed my hair midnight blue, with a "semipermanent" color. The box promised it would wash out after 30 shampoos. Well, it didn't. Over the weekend, I went to Sally Beauty, and got a color removing kit. That came out way more splotchy than I hoped, and my hair was pretty stressed out, particularly on top. I was warned that blue dyes sometimes turn pink when you try to remove them, but I didn't predict it would be pink where the pure blue was (on the grown-out roots) and orange everywhere it had been brown underneath. I wore a ball cap to our picnic yesterday, to keep it on the down-low. 

Today I tried all over with the "medium warm beige blonde" I tested last week. It was an old tube, last used prior to when all of my hair fell out in June of 2019. I suppose age might explain why it didn't deposit much new tint, although the developer seemed to have lifted out a little more of the temp colors. The remaining orange and pink can only be described as "tequila sunrise." I don't plan on keeping this very long, but I'm a little worried what will happen if I process my hair three days in a row. Regardless, I'm probably wearing the same ball cap to Sally's tomorrow, to get me a nice plain brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment