Saturday, March 27, 2021

Really Red

Inspirational song: Just Another Day (Oingo Boingo)

Aw, I had plans of being useful today. I tried a few times. Didn't get very far. I got up early, so I had that going for me. And then after my first cup of coffee I needed to go back to sleep until almost 9. I don't think that coffee worked. I gave it another shot, being upright that is, not the coffee. I figured it was time to finish the hair color process, after giving the last round two weeks to settle. After years of my hair going ginger no matter what color I try to put on top of it, I decided to run headlong into actual red. Well, medium strawberry blonde anyway. It's darker and more burgundy than I have ever tried. Will see how I like it over the next several weeks. 

I was so ready to try the car detailing like I had been watching on YouTube for months. I tried. I really tried. I cleaned out the real estate signs from the trunk, took the baby seat out, brought Saoirse's blanket inside to wash (not that she stays on it perfectly in the car), and random receipts stuffed in the drink holder. I ran through the car wash (the subscription one -- best luxury self-care expense, even better than massage membership). I vacuumed the whole interior, and then headed home, expecting to grab all-purpose cleaner and UV protectant and keep going. That did not happen. Instead I had a light lunch and my head gained 80 pounds. My eyes kept closing. I fell asleep in my chair, off and on, over and over. I had all the signs of a breakthrough migraine (breaking through the Botox, which works most of the time), including that arrow through the back of the head feeling. So much for finishing the car. Ah, well, I have to put Saoirse in it tomorrow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment