Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Hat Trick

Inspirational song: Flowers on the Wall (Statler Brothers)

I woke up briefly this morning at five-something. And then at six-something. Again at seven- and eight-something. Each time I made myself close my eyes and sleep just a little longer. I knew I had a big day and I wouldn't be able to get all the way through it without adequate rest. I finally admitted I was awake about eight-thirty, and got moving.

We started the day with babysitting. Our grandbaby was in a cute, sassy mood for the first half hour, and then she turned into a serious Grump like someone flipped a switch. It took intense grandpa cuddles to get her to take the nap she desperately needed. 

Right about the time the baby arrived here, I learned one of my biggest stressors was postponed. We had expected an out of town guest, and I was happy she was coming but dreading cooking and cleaning. She wasn't up to the drive, and I was totally cool with putting off the visit.

I had a zoom on my calendar for today. It was something that doesn't usually happen on weekdays, but I just rolled with the date from the email. I excused myself to a quiet room (baby was still napping) and clicked the link. It appeared I was the first one there. That didn't seem right. I backed out of it and looked at the email again. Oh. It didn't say the 10th. It said the 13th. That made much more sense. And if nothing like this has ever happened to you, take it from me: One does not back out of a Zoom! Thirty minutes later I looked at my phone, opened it back up and left the meeting. Still, it meant one more task item off my list.

We took Saoirse out and ran some errands. I needed crickets, and I had to get them today, before the snowpocalypse buries us this weekend. We had a couple other stops, and puppy was very well-behaved in Petco and Lowe's. While out, we got word that the leader of our smaller game group had to cancel our plans, possibly pushing to tomorrow, possibly punting all the way to Wednesday two weeks from now. 

There it was. Three big things canceled, and the rest of my night free. By six-thirty, we had changed into pajamas, served up the dinner that had been in the crock pot all day, and watched the last three episodes of Wandavision. Bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment