Friday, March 19, 2021

Not Throwing Away

Inspirational song: My Shot (Hamilton)

At the vaccine-cafeteria in Fort Collins, they had their routine down pat. You go in the main entrance, get your temp taken, directed to the elevator that only goes to the basement, wait in the line that winds halfway down the hall, and show the hospital employees your QR code from checking in on the patient portal app (which I did from the parking lot). The line moved quickly, and in just a few minutes I was in the meeting room off of the cafeteria, getting my first dose of Pfizer. Easy-peasy! I drove home in a giddy haze, feeling more hungry than I have in a year. (Why hungry? I don't know.) I did really well all day, until about five o'clock, when I went down for a nap that lasted over two hours. Am I having enough of an immune response for it to be working?

Today was my daughter's anniversary, so we went back to the country road where we paused to take photos with the mountains as a backdrop on the way back from their courthouse wedding two years ago. This time, it wasn't just the newlyweds. It was the baby-makes-three version of the family. The safe bet is to assume there will be more photo shoots from this same spot in years to come.

For the record, of the five or so brackets I made, not once did I imagine Oral Robert's University would beat Ohio State. Never crossed my mind. I will not beat the one in several quadrillion odds to have a perfect bracket. Ah, well.

No comments:

Post a Comment