Sunday, March 14, 2021

That's Better

Inspirational song: Woman from Tokyo (Deep Purple)

Now was that so difficult? Boy, did it take some coaxing to shake loose enough snow from this system. By the time I got up this morning, there was more than half a foot, and it came down steady until evening. There were several windy periods that made it noticeably harder to see the houses across the street. Naturally those were the times Saoirse wanted out most desperately. By the time we settled in to watch another episode of Sherlock, there were reports of up to two feet around town, and we have some drifts much deeper than that (mainly in the garden). Only about one foot accumulated on top of the compost bin, which seemed an objective spot for measuring. I got exactly what I wanted. We can worry about digging out tomorrow.

This giant puppy thinks this snowstorm was the absolute best thing all year. She wanted to be out in it all day. Watching her play, I can imagine she was pretending to be a polar bear stalking Murray, a giant floppy-eared arctic wolf, or hero dog Balto saving sick people in Alaska. She had a blast. In fact, she liked it so much, she made me get up as soon as I started writing (after 11 pm) so she could go back out. She claimed it was one last potty run before bed, but I stood by the door for ten minutes, and there was definitely playing going on.

As I expected, my satellite dish got snowed under, so I had to watch Selection Sunday on an app on my phone. My Buffaloes are a number 5 seed in the East division, and a lot of Debby Downers are saying their opponent will be the 12 seed to pick them off. (My response to them is a bit rude.) I don't expect to have my TV back online for a while, but I'm quite content to stream my usual stuff on YouTube, plus a couple new things about lace-making and other sewing projects. It's nice watching other people do things I can't anymore (sewing is a literal pain in the neck now). I wonder how hard it is to make lace from a reclined position.

No comments:

Post a Comment