Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Just Lie Down

Inspirational song: Rock and Roll All Nite (Kiss)

This has to be quick. I'm typing surreptitiously in a dark room, with the brightness on my screen almost all the way down. This was our big test, getting the baby to sleep, and it was way harder than we imagined. So far, third time's a charm, bit that means I can't make a single sound or motion. She fell asleep on grandpa right when we got here and started watching a movie. Then she woke and it was party time. We brought her down and tried to read a bedtime story. Nope. So we went back up and watched a little more Disney. Back down, and I waited while she rolled all over the bed, sticking her butt in the air, and rocking herself as if she needed that to calm down. After nearly 45 minutes of this, she just cooked out. Three minutes later, grandpa stuck his head in the room to see whether he could go ahead and go back to the house. She woke, and it was cranky time all over again. She's out now, and so is he. So I will just sit here in the dark until her parents come home, and I'll load the sleepy boy into the car so I can go to sleep too.

No comments:

Post a Comment