Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Stage One

Inspirational song: Get It On (The Power Station)

The time has come! Our solar panel installation has officially started! I have been dreaming of getting solar power for so many years, it is hard to believe it is actually underway. If I wasn't, well, me, I would be dancing on air.

The schedule had bounced around for a couple of months, because it takes time to get a system designed and then permitted through the city. The weather has been goofy too, but such is the nature of winter and spring in the Rockies. The last date we had was for it to begin next Monday. We were leaving Costco, with my little car stuffed to the gills, when we heard from the installation company that they wanted to come this afternoon and do some preliminary work. They needed to hang boxes on the outside of the house and run conduits to our panel and meter, or something like that. (I am no electrician, and I never will be.) We had barely begun unloading the car when they pulled up.

Saoirse tried to saunter out of the open garage and say hello to the friendly men in our driveway, and gave me a heart attack when she trotted towards the street. Training classes work, thank goodness, and she responded to my recall and went up to the porch. I kept her inside through most of their work, although she needed a little time outside late in the day. The men worked until nearly 7 pm, with the Mr and I wondering how late they would go, and would they just leave so we could sit in the hot tub without it being weird.

I assume the panels still go up on Monday. It's gonna be weird not having that giant black tower in the garage. It will be so open in there. And it will feel really neat being able to use electricity all day long and not wonder whether I'm being wasteful. I might buy an incandescent bulb, just to be naughty.

No comments:

Post a Comment